ELIXIR Scientific Programmer
Starting salary range: £29,500 to £32,780
Duration: 3 years
Location: Norwich, UK
We have an exciting opportunity for an ELIXIR Scientific Programmer to join our ELIXIR team in The Genome Analysis Centre (TGAC). TGAC is a UK hub for innovative bioinformatics and genomics and our aim is to provide a flexible approach to the generation of data from biological systems to deliver programmes leading to improved food security, advances in industrial biotechnology and improved human health and wellbeing. ELIXIR is an European infrastructure for biological information that supports life science research and its translation to medicine, agriculture, bioindustries and society.
The ELIXIR Scientific Programmer will develop at TGAC one of the most important high strategy tasks of the ELIXIR network, namely, the design and implementation of the infrastructure that tracks impact metrics for bioinformatics services across the ELIXIR network.
To be considered for this post, candidates need the following skills and experience (Essential, E; Desirable, D) :
- BSc/MSc degree level in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or equivalent experience (E)
- Familiarity with web performance metrics (E)
- Fluency in a server side programming language such as Perl, Java, Python and/or PHP (E)
- Experience with web service design (D)
- Strong experience with Linux systems (Windows / Mac OS is a plus) (E)
- Good knowledge, understanding and practice in software development (D)
- Strong team player (E)
For further information, including details of how to apply, please visit http://jobs.tgac.ac.uk/Details.asp?vacancyID=8024 or contact me directly at manuel dot corpas [ @tgac.ac.uk ].